In the spring of 1957 ten Lutheran families living in the area met at the Norman Kaeding home to discuss the organization of what was to become Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church of Broomfield. On Sunday morning, July 20, 1957, the small flock assembled for the first worship service in a house, the only structure on the church property at that time. Early members recall the need to use every inch of space the house provided even to whitewashing a coal bin for a Sunday School classroom.

The Rev. Jacob W. Hennig served as mission pastor during the organizational period. Beautiful Savior experienced rapid growth in membership due in large measure to Pastor Hennig’s long hours of canvassing local residents door-to-door.

A church building seating 140 was constructed under the supervision of the Colorado District at a cost of approximately $50,000. This church was dedicated on November 10, 1957. Approximately 30 communicant members and 47 baptized souls worshipped in the new building.

February 13, 1958, marked Beautiful Savior’s official organization as a mission congregation. The Rev. Arthur O. Bickel, Silver City, New Mexico, was installed as the first resident pastor on October 19, 1958. In April 1958 the parsonage at 115 Agate Way was bought.

Pastor Bickel served Beautiful Savior until June of 1963 when he became a chaplain at Lutheran Hospital, Wheat Ridge, Colorado. The Rev. Joseph Gerkins, a retired minister from Aurora, served as pastor during a two-month vacancy period.

On August 25, 1963, the Rev. Levine K. Hagen, Montrose, Colorado, was installed as pastor. In October 1967 Pastor Hagen resigned his pastorate here due to Mrs. Hagen’s devastating illness and its effect on her health. The Rev. F. Worthmann served as vacancy pastor for several months. A call to the Rev. Wilbert J. Sohns, Casper, Wyoming, was accepted, and he was installed on February 11, 1968. Under Pastor Sohn’s guidance Beautiful Savior became self-supporting in October 1969. A three-phase building plan was approved by the congregation and initiated with a groundbreaking ceremony for a new church on May 24, 1970. This church building, dedicated on November 22, 1970, seats 370 with an overflow of 50 to 100. Included in the first phase of construction were new offices for the pastor and secretary, a conference room, and a new kitchen.

The second phase of the plan, completed in the spring of 1971, provided for remodeling of the original church to accommodate a fellowship hall, a Sunday School office, a choir room and partitioned Sunday School rooms.

Beautiful Savior assisted in establishing the mission congregation Eternal Savior, in the Lafayette-Louisville area. A three-acre site was purchased in January 1972 and worship services began on October 29, 1972. This congregation is now self-supporting. On March 11, 1973, the Rev. Marion Parker, Lakeview, Oregon, was installed as Assistant Pastor to help with mounting pastoral duties. When Pastor Sohns accepted a call to Springfield, Illinois, in January 1975, Pastor Parker remained until August 10, 1975, when he was called to Gordon, Nebraska.

The Rev. John C. Hetlinger, Roswell, New Mexico, accepted a call and was installed on June 29, 1975. As Bible classes, Lutheran Youth for Christ, and Vacation Bible School grew, it became apparent that an assistant pastor was needed to accomplish God’s work in the community.

The Rev. Wayne Riddering was installed as Assistant Pastor on July 16, 1978. Pastor Riddering brought with him special concerns for young people and senior citizens.

An educational wing of 15 classrooms, the third and final phase of the building plan, was dedicated on February 15, 1979. Use of this facility was extended in the fall of 1980 when the Preschool opened. Pastor Riddering left Beautiful Savior in the summer of 1980 to accept a teaching position at St. Louis Lutheran High School. Pastor Hetlinger resigned in August 1980. The Rev. A. Stolte, retired minister from Loveland, Colorado, served as vacancy pastor until October 1980.

The Rev. Harlan L. Harnapp, formerly pastor at Our Redeemer, North Platte, Nebraska, was installed on November 2, 1980.

On July 31, 1981, the Rev. Mark Grunst was installed as Assistant Pastor. Pastor Grunst’s special endeavors were centered in the educational needs of our children and the concerns of our young people.

With assistance from Beautiful Savior, the mission congregation, Risen Savior, was organized in the fall of 1986 with seven families consisting of 25 members. They were served in Word and Sacrament by Pastor Harlan Harnapp, Pastor Mark Grunst, Vicar Bruce Osborne, and Layman John Hetlinger. Blessed by continued growth, Risen Savior became self-supporting and in June of 1989 the Rev. Philip Cameron was installed as their first Pastor.

Pastor Gregory N. Thompson was called to be Assistant Pastor at Beautiful Savior in July of 1992.

In August of 1997 Pastor Harnapp retired from the pastoral ministry after 40 years as a pastor in the LC-MS and 17 years of serving Beautiful Savior. Pastor Joseph Brennan was called to be Associate Pastor.

In the fall of 2001, plans were approved for the renovation of the church and the construction of a brand new K-8 Christian Day School with an Early Learning Center for toddlers through pre-kindergarten. Construction of the new building was completed in the fall of 2004 and the new facilities including a large gym were dedicated on September 26, 2004. The remodeling of the Fellowship Hall and kitchen were completed in the spring of 2005. Pastor Brennan accepted a call to Risen Christ, Arvada in March of 2003.

In June of 2013 Pastor Gregory N. Thompson retired and a call was answered by Rev. Theodore Groth. Pastor Groth continues as spiritual leader for both the church and the school. Beautiful Savior continues to be blessed with growth in the school and the church as they continue with their mission of spreading the Word of the Lord and offering a Christ centered education.